Thursday, October 21, 2010

After The Rains

It has been gray for 6 days now and rainy for the last 3 (OK, drizzly 2 days, rainy with lightning 1 day). All told, 2 and 3/4" of rain. This seems to have built up quite the appetite on the hummers. Here are a few photos: the images are clickable for larger views.
 It is not as dark out as it may seem, but it was gray and a little drizzly so I used the flash to get sharper pics.
 This was, by a good measure, the most activity at a feeder I have seen at my yard. For some reason, this was the hot feeder this morning! This shot has 21 birds, I am pretty sure.

This photo is the dead ceanothus (Ramona Lilac) bush that is a favorite landing spot for the hummers (and orioles, when it is that season). I counted over 20 birds waiting for their turn at the feeders.

No comments:

Post a Comment